CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Lurking... and learning

"Leighton M. Reed-Nickerson" wrote:

> From: "Leighton M. Reed-Nickerson" <w2hie@...>
> I've seen references to Max-NC and Ah-ha, but no mention of Microkinetics...
> is that because Microkinetics is. In the opinions of the group, good or bad,
> or too expensive. Or, is it that this group is getting a lot of enjoyment
> and gratification out of home-brew CNC, where I'm into CNC to make parts
> fast and efficiently.
>
> Please don't take that as a criticism, If I had the time I would love to
> home brew a CNC controller.

Well, no question about it, us bleeding edge guys really went through the
wringer on this. I even had an antique commercial CNC control first,
but it was slow and a bit unreliable. Now that the trail has been blazed,
the pain should be a LOT less. And, although I have not actually run
a machine with the competing products, I have run their demos, and
looked at what they can, and CAN'T do. I feel quite happy with EMC,
and wouldn't want anything else. Maybe, someday, we'll even have
conversational programming, but I'm making parts, and loving every
minute of it!

Leighton M. Reed-Nickerson 1999-06-17 19:54:00 UTC Lurking... and learning Robert Campbell 1999-06-17 20:14:33 UTC Re: Lurking... and learning Jon Elson 1999-06-17 23:09:06 UTC Re: Lurking... and learning Matt Shaver 1999-06-17 23:53:57 UTC Re: Lurking... and learning Jon Elson 1999-06-18 12:20:35 UTC Re: Lurking... and learning