CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Why replace the BOSS 5? WAS Re: Bridgeport vs. Gorton

Posted by John Grant
on 2000-08-26 14:04:20 UTC
Rick Dulas wrote:

> I figured that "rolling my own" control with 1990's electronics was
> preferable to trying to keep the "magic smoke" inside 1970's components.

I am replacing the Beger-Lahr system on my mill because I have to. It
destroys expensive transistors at a high rate. I think that if I had a
working system like the BOSS, I would keep it until it died.

> The real answer is that this is a GREAT! learning experience for me. One
> I wouldn't have had if I decided to "run as delivered".

My skills are limited to connecting wires to the right terminals on the
Anaheim Automation driver boxes I bought cheap.

John Grant

Discussion Thread

John Grant 2000-08-26 14:04:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Why replace the BOSS 5? WAS Re: Bridgeport vs. Gorton