CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: How to establish repeatable home position w/steppers?

on 2000-08-27 18:07:20 UTC
How about homing to the same exact step every time? To do this you need
two switching devices. One would be the index on an encoder ,if so
equipped. The other would be a switching device to indicate which
revolution of the encoder to look for. When that switch is triggered it
will look for the next index pulse to shut down.The first switch could
be an optical switch, proximity sensor, microswitch, etc.. Of course
things need to get slowed down before it gets there so it does not
overshoot.