CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: How to establish repeatable home position w/steppers?

on 2000-08-27 19:28:48 UTC
Rick: I guess that I was not clear in my description. One switch is
triggered by table movement and once that switch is triggered it looks
for the next index pulse from the encoder. That index pulse will only
register at one point and that is when the table has moved to the
position that trips the first switch. It does not count any pulses.It
will be the same place every time unless your belt skips a tooth.Does
that make more sense?
Carey