CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Disappointing Lathe CNC Software

Posted by Matt Shaver
on 2000-08-29 00:13:24 UTC
> From: dougrasmussen@...
> (Upgrade warned me to never leave the machine unattended with out
> pushing the E-stop button. I guess others have had servos fry while
> the machines sat unattended).

This is a good idea with any machine.

> Servo Dynamics (the maker of my amps) tells me Upgrade doesn't
> connect the amps correctly so as to provide motor over current
> protection. Duh??

It should be settable (the max motor current) by tweaking a pot on the edge
of the amp card. The amp's manual from SD will show how to do it.

> I was able to buy the last servo direct from the manufacturer

Was it an SEM motor from Servo Dynamics? Just curious...

Matt

Discussion Thread

Matt Shaver 2000-08-29 00:13:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Disappointing Lathe CNC Software ptengin@a... 2000-08-29 02:25:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Disappointing Lathe CNC Software dougrasmussen@c... 2000-08-29 08:01:40 UTC Accuslide was "Re: Disappointing Lathe CNC Software"