CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepper speed and lost steps

Terry Ackland wrote:

> I have an API catalogue with speed/torque graphs of all their
> stepping
> motors and controllers. They all have the same characteristics in
> that
> they only have power at no revs or very low revs/sec. The particular
> motors I am working with(300 oz/in size 34) drops off rapidly as the
> revs are increased. The graph shows a torque of 300oz/in @ 2.5
> rev/sec
> and drops off to about 25 oz/in @ 30 rev/sec! Even @ 10rev/sec the
> power drops to about 110oz/in.

This is totally normal for standard, 2-phase steppers. 30 Revs/sec
(1800 RPM)
is exteremely FAST for a stepper. Very few stepper systems ever go this
fast,
and most need VERY detailed engineering design to kill all the
resonances to
do it.

Jon Elson 2000-08-29 16:05:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepper speed and lost steps