CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC Lathe Retro-Fit

on 2000-09-02 14:41:42 UTC
Subject: Re: CNC Lathe Retro-Fit

After doing some extensive research on this subject I came to the
conclusion that if you didn't want to do threading then any mill controller
with a bit of juggling would work.
If you want to do threading then only Microkinetics and Ahha have the
ability to use a spindle encoder to enable this.

If Doug Yeager could add this in to CNC Pro then it makes another option.

Another thing to take into account with a lathe program is that the cross
slide which is now the Z axis will work in double the resolution due to
turning off both sides of the part.
What this means is that if you have a mill with a resolution of 0.001" then
transposed to a lathe this will be 0.002" which may be a bit excessive for
some applications.

--

Regards,
John Stevenson

Discussion Thread

Dave Seal 2000-09-02 09:22:41 UTC CNC Lathe Retro-Fit John Stevenson 2000-09-02 14:41:42 UTC Re: CNC Lathe Retro-Fit Paul Corner 2000-09-02 16:12:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNC Lathe Retro-Fit machines@n... 2000-09-02 17:56:32 UTC Re: CNC Lathe Retro-Fit