CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: RE: axis names

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-09-04 15:31:42 UTC
Art wrote:

>I doubt somehow, that I'll end up putting in
>4--nth axis though.

Sorry to hear that. once you've done three, the fourth is pretty easy.
Pretty useful, too. On your router, with a W, you could cutout w/ Z
and do detail with a veiner on W. Two tools, no tool change. An A is
also useful on a router, I mentioned pool cues, also can do VERY
fancy spindles(stair rails, chair parts, walking sticks, etc.)

>I would like to investigate making a more real-time bit pusher for
>better timing. If anyone knows approximately how to make win98 work
>in real-time, give me a hint. Maybe replacing the default message
>handler with a custom one would work good enough for
>10us latency, that would probably be enough.

Ah! The holy grail of windows programming; REAL real-time! I posted
you (off-list) an email request that I thought might lead to a
solution. At that time you were saying you had no commercial
interest, just wanted to share the results of your hobby? Now it
seems you do. I wish you luck and success.

Ballendo

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-09-04 13:31:54 UTC RE: axis names ballendo@y... 2000-09-04 15:31:42 UTC Re: RE: axis names ballendo@y... 2000-09-04 19:23:57 UTC Re: RE: axis names Fred Smith 2000-09-05 05:28:55 UTC Re: axis names Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-09-05 11:29:59 UTC Re: axis names