CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: axis names

on 2000-09-04 17:31:21 UTC
Ballendo,

So what would be an example of say, A motion? I don't think I've seen
it in my limited researches. Do you know if FlashCut (my touchstone)
supports it?

Alan

ballendo@... wrote:
> Art,
>
> Most common 4th axes(lin/rot)And their uses.
>
> A(rotational around X)Engrave a pool cue.
> B(rotational around Y)Mill a turbine fan.
> C(rotational around Z)rotate a knife into the direction of travel
> (vinyl plotters).
> W(second linear "Z" axis)obviously, a second cutting head.
>
> U or V(A 2nd linear parallel to X and Y) sometimes used to move "live
> tooling" in lathes.
>
> There are also the P,Q,R.(3rd set of linear Axes,parallel to XYZ)
> These are not used often with Gcode because they conflict with the
> standard uses of the P,Q,R words.
>
> R would be a THIRD spindle.
>
> P or Q could be additional "live tooling" slides.
>
> Ballendo

Discussion Thread

Art Fenerty 2000-09-04 15:01:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: axis names Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-09-04 17:31:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: axis names