CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Moving the Mill, No Sweat!!!!

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2000-09-04 18:33:51 UTC
Dave Seal wrote:

> Rent (or better, borrow) a tilt bed trailer of sufficent capacity and
> load the machine over the axles. When you think you have enough
> ratchet straps to make the trip add two more and go home.

I'd just add something here in case it might prove useful.
Though I doubt something that heavy is going to move very far on it's
own, every time I've moved machinery I block in the machine with 2x4's.
These are cut to fit tight between the machine and sides of the trailer,
2 on each side of the base. I then saw 2x4's to lay across these and
they are also cut to just fit. Deck screws keeps everything in place.
The first layer of boards keeps the machine from moving, and the boards,
if they come into play at all, are in straight compression. The second
layer of boards and deck screws just makes sure the lower layer doesn't
go anywhere. I've then just used 5/8 rope to tie the machine down best I
could. I figure if that doesn't hold the machine securely, I have bigger
problems to worry about....

Jon Anderson 2000-09-04 18:33:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Moving the Mill, No Sweat!!!! ptengin@a... 2000-09-05 00:49:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Moving the Mill, No Sweat!!!!