CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

CNC flame/plasma cutter (was Stepster)

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-06-23 21:10:53 UTC
You may want to check out http://www.torchmate.com I have a friend that is
just finishing up one of these units and so far he likes what he sees. He
built the large unit that can handle a 4' x 8' plate. It uses a rack and
pinion and is driven by 125 in/oz NEMA 23 motors that I had purchased from
Dan at Camtronics and used for a little bit on my Sherline.

The construction is 2" sq steel tubing for support with 1" sq solid cold
rolled steel as the rails. It then uses cam follower bearings. Pretty slick
design.

Tim
[Denver, CO]