CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] First Post (and a question re using a plotter as a power feed)

Posted by Bill Darby
on 2000-09-05 16:45:10 UTC
Thanks for the quick comeback Alan.

First, I had no idea that all the posts would be circulated as
part of a mailing list and was quite amazed to find these
eight or so messages all in my trash. (I have a filter operating to
dump everything without my name overboard) I will have to fix
that.

The steppers are 3.8 amp at 1.4 volt and have 53 oz in hold.
I realize that they are quite light but to start with I
think It would please me to see if I could just get something going.
The steppers, flat out, are rotating at about 150 rpm and the
lead screw on the lathe needs about 30 rpm to provide a reasonable
feed, So,,, with a reduction of about (1/4) and the change gears
removed I kind of think that there might be enough beef there to see
how the whole thing would work.

I gather from your assessment as being analog that there is little hope
of using these drivers as part of a computer driven system.

OK then will have to look at a plan B no matter what though I do think
that the joystick control would be quite desirable for
manual turning.

Bill Darby (TKS again)