CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: List of Gcode "flavors" (Format?)

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-09-05 17:24:13 UTC
Hello All,

Paul has asked "what format" a couple times. I stayed silent in hopes
there would be some discussion. So... Do we want these list(s) of G
codes and M codes in HTML,TXT,MS Excel,or..

Mt first thought WAS Excel, for the manipulation ability, but NOW I'm
thinking HTML. They are obviously intended for internet publication?
Txt is universal.

What do you all think?

Ballendo

P.S. Paul, For now let's just get them in one place in whatever format
is easiest for each contributor to use. I wouldn't want to miss some
of the available input because someone says,"Oh yeah, I'll send those
codes JUST AS SOON AS I get 'em converted to the "correct" format!

THEN we could look for a trend and go with it.

'******************************************************************
Paul wrote:
I've found a list from Microkinetics which I shall add soon...
Also had a chat with HAAS and had a list for the VF machining centers
faxed
over. During the discussion, the companion subject of M codes (or
words) was
raised - there appears to be a greater variation with these than G
codes, So I
will includ them in my list.
I doubt whether I'll be able to do much tomorrow, it looks like I
will have to
do some real work :-{

Still leaves the original question unanswered though - HTML, plain
text, or M$
Excel data format ?

Regards, Paul.

> Why not consider posting them in the files section at CAD_Cam.......
> bill
>
> Thank you, Bill. I really have high hopes for this project. It
could
> help a LOT of people.
>
> Ballendo

Discussion Thread