CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] First Post (and a question re using a plotter as a power feed)

Posted by Bill Darby
on 2000-09-05 18:02:32 UTC
Hi Art

The plotter is a Houston model DP 11 The cable plug is round with about 19 pins and 15 of them are wired up and doing
something. You are right about the third axis, the pen action is simply a solenoid driving the pen up or down. At the moment I
have unraveled the wiring harness just to see where everything goes and also to see if I can remote the joystick, power and scale
selector switch on a single umbilical cable to a convent spot on top of the lathe bench while all the gubbins can remain in the
original case bolted to the underside.

If this plan does not work I have a Daedal three axis control unit that has manual presets, run, step and direction switches
and position display for each of the axis. This,,, I would dearly love to be able to tie into computer control. Do you think it
possible???
Someone once told me that it would be possible to transmit the step and direction signal to the step and direction switching on this
unit??

Bill Darby