CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: houston plotter stepmotors

Posted by Bill Darby
on 2000-09-06 04:10:35 UTC
ballendo@... wrote:

> Bill Darby wrote:
>
> > The steppers are 3.8 amp at 1.4 volt and have 53 oz in hold.
> > I realize that they are quite light but to start with <snip>
>
> Bill, are you sure they're not 3.8 v ,1.4 A ?? Seems much more
> likely. Older plotter,53 oz. in.,etc. What size are they?

Hi ... I read nothing but solid twos on my calipers, that is 2.222" across the mounting face. A 2 1/4 inch cube is an apt
description for what I'm looking at. Both motors are marked as I stated. (3.8 amp at 1.4 volt) Strange perhaps, but then, there you
have it.

Bill

> <Newbie info alert>

And good stuff it is for me :0)