CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:sherline motors/handwheels

on 2000-09-06 10:35:40 UTC
Ballendo,

These are inexpensive 24v unipolar steppers, single shaft. I'd LOVE to
have 150 oz/in DOUBLE shaft motors, and I'd probably put an encode and
the handwheel back on. I'll save that for later. Right now, I'm going
slow. no resonance noted, but I haven't really rung it out. The Z axis
is the one I'm worried about. Oh yeah, I bought the Sherline CNC
retrofit hardware, VERY nice. Pix to follow, when I can get some taken.

Alan

ballendo@... wrote:
> Alan wrote:
>
> >In my case,the handwheels I removed from my Sherline!
> >
> >For example, My little Sherline now as 70 oz/in (direct), and that's
> >not really enough!
>
> Alan,
> Taking off your handwheels may have improved your mills' ACCURACY.
>
> But for many, leaving those off can/will REDUCE accuracy!
> If you have powerful double shaft motors, you may want to put the
> handwheels back on.

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-09-06 10:35:40 UTC Re:sherline motors/handwheels