CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates?

Posted by Dan Falck
on 2000-09-06 18:43:34 UTC
Doug,

I do a lot of engraving that pays. Some of it is multiple pieces, but other
jobs are for awards and special occasions. I also do routing and inlay work
on small runs and charge according to how much trouble it is to do.
Believe it or not, the CAD/CAM program that you use makes a huge difference
in what you can do and how much time it takes to do it. I would never dream
of doing it without Vectorcam now. I have a buddy who lost out on a lot of
work, because he was programming by hand -too slowly.
I would rather not even turn the cranks on a manual mill anymore, unless
it's a job that is really simple.

Dan

----- Original Message -----
From: Doug Warner <dwarner@...-web.net>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 6:30 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for
duplicates?

> I've been following this group for some time, and have been amazed at
> the amount of work (and money) people spending to automate their
> machine tools. I can see the application for doing for-pay work, 100
> items, exactly alike, but for hobby use, is there an advantage where
> duplicates aren't important? Are there parts that simply can't be
> made by twisting the screws by hand?
> --

Discussion Thread

Dan Falck 2000-09-06 18:43:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates? Tim Goldstein 2000-09-06 19:38:51 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates? ptengin@a... 2000-09-07 11:17:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates?