CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates?

Posted by Doug Warner
on 2000-09-06 22:50:26 UTC
On Wed, 06 Sep 2000 19:28:35 -0700, you wrote:

>If one is careful with the approach taken, and the coding (CAM sure
>helps here...), the potential for mistakes can be reduced. If a mistake
>IS made, it can be corrected and another part made in much less time
>than would have taken manually.

THIS is the the one!. My standard practice when cutting blanks in any
material is to cut at least six while I'm set up for it. Each major
machine setup produces the same cut on several parts so I'll have
backups after the inevitable screwup when the item is nearly finished.
A "re-do" function!.
I've got this bad feeling that my upcoming RF-45 purchase won't be the
end of this... (Assuming it doesn't hide from me by covering itself
with assorted junk.. :-)

>And the Gee-whiz factor cannot be overlooked. I ran a Wells Index for
>several years, and have seen most of the state of the art machinery. But
>when I got my MaxNC and ran the supplied Wheel.T test program, I could
>not suppress my grin at this little thing sitting on my bench making
>chips under PC control!

Same here, About 20 years ago I got into an industrial machinery show
and watched the the latest in CNC machining centers turn out finished
items with no apparent human intervention.. Amazing!..
Later, a demo of a Panasonic high speed surface mount component
placement system.. Too fast to see, Odd that a machine that handles
such tiny parts needs a huge machined cast iron base.. I guess it has
to withstand the stresses of it's own moving parts to place the
compoents within tolerances.. If I had one of these in my basement,
I'd just watch it instead of TV:-)

(The Xynetics flatbed plotter with the heat scooting around on the
"ceiling" was another one...)

Damn! I really hate working on flaky servo systems :-(
--
Sig? I don't need no stinking sig!

Discussion Thread

Jon Anderson 2000-09-06 19:33:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates? Doug Warner 2000-09-06 22:50:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates? Jerry Kimberlin 2000-09-07 07:15:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates? Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-09-07 11:43:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates? Paul Devey 2000-09-07 12:28:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates? James Owens 2000-09-07 14:31:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates? James Owens 2000-09-07 14:31:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates? Ian Wright 2000-09-08 02:23:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates? Terry Owens 2000-09-08 12:11:52 UTC Re: Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates?