CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls....

Posted by dave engvall
on 2000-09-08 14:28:02 UTC
ballendo@... wrote:

The CAD/CAM people are struggling to get the arcs back into the

> output so the control processes fewer short entities. And the CNC
> people are struggling to get better at handling LOTS OF short line
> segments.

No practical experience yet since my emc, etc is not running:
Because of the kind of things I do.....replicate parts made 150 yrs. ago....I tend to think in term of the ops that a horizontal
mill does: which leads to a object (entity) library: inside and outside hemi-cylinders, holes, pockets, etc. with parameters to
define x, y, z, centerline, tilt, etc. as needed. Now all I need is the solid geometry package that supports this. :-)

Anyone else think along these lines?

Dave

Discussion Thread

dave engvall 2000-09-08 09:29:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... dave engvall 2000-09-08 14:28:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls....