CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNC Mill needed UK

on 2000-09-10 12:06:08 UTC
Do you need 10 x 54 x 6 travels, or just a 10 x 54 table?? A 10 x 54 table
on a Bridgeport/clone might have more like 17 x 38 of travel. And as far as
changing one setup as the other is cutting, on a moving table, Bravo!... I
like the idea of changing one setup while cutting on the other, too, but I'd
really like a gantry-type mill or similar, where the table DOESN'T move,
especially at the feedrates I"d like to see.

Carlos

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Carlos Guillermo" <carlos@v...>
> wrote:
> > That's a unique size requirement for a CNC mill. Sounds almost
> like the
> > numbers for a larger Bridgeport table size and quill travel. What
> kinds of
> > parts do you run?
> >
> > Carlos
>
> It's not that unique here in the UK. A lot of manufacturers made
> CNC's up using basic manual machines. These include Beaver,
> Matchmaker, Ajax and Elliott.
> I already have a Beaver of these dimensions and it's the same as the
> manual machine with the exception of ballscrews, positive oiling and
> air operated gearbox, air tool changing and invertor spindle drive.
> The Bridgeports tend to be more ' square' in their configuration.
> The long bed suits as I can get two setups on the bed and change one
> as the other is cutting
>

> > > Shortly looking for another CNC mill.
> > > Ideal size would be around 10 x 54 x 6 but would go a bit smaller.
> > > ISO 40 spindle would be nice.
> > > Not too bothered about controller but must be running and in
> decent
> > > condition.
> > > For obvious reasons MUST be UK sourced.
> > > If posting on list please cc by email as well.
> > > machines at ntlworld dot com

Discussion Thread

machines@n... 2000-09-09 15:58:16 UTC CNC Mill needed UK Carlos Guillermo 2000-09-09 17:51:57 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC Mill needed UK machines@n... 2000-09-10 02:11:21 UTC Re: CNC Mill needed UK Carlos Guillermo 2000-09-10 12:06:08 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNC Mill needed UK machines@n... 2000-09-10 13:00:26 UTC Re: CNC Mill needed UK dave engvall 2000-09-10 13:20:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNC Mill needed UK