CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC/ 3 phase convertors

Tim Goldstein wrote:

> I don't have an EMC install in front of me to verify, But I think that
> that
> it supports spindle forward, backwards, on, off, increase, decrease
> through
> the bridgeportio and a 2nd parallel port.

I asked Fred a while ago about generalizing the spindle stuff, and he
agreed
it was a good idea, but I don't know if any of that has been done, or
not.

What I suggested was to allow (by settings in the .ini file) to set 3
different
modes of spindle drive control.

1. separate signals for spindle forward and spindle reverse, and a
0 - 10V signal for spindle speed.

2. A spindle direction signal, a spindle run signal, and a 0 - 10V
spindle speed signal.

3. A spindle run signal, and a -10 to +10 V signal for both spindle
direction and velocity (for servo spindles).

4. Maybe, also, an option for spindles that are open loop (ie. 10 V
equals some maximum RPM command, and the spindle is supposed
to keep up) or closed loop, where the spindle speed is measured
by
the encoder and the spindle analog command is adjusted to
maintain
the requested velocity.

The spindle increase and spindle decrease digital outputs are pretty
useless
unless you have a Bridgeport series 2 with the air motor that changes
the
varispeed drive. This is an apalling throwback to the early days of
tape-NC,
where you hold down the pushbutton until the speed dial shows what speed

you want. UGH!

The interpreter, as I understand it, carries the value from the S word
through
the system, so it is just a matter of the appropriate xxIO.cpp file to
pick up
the value and control something with it. (Hmm, actually, it probably
needs to
be in xxMOT.cpp, as it is poking values into the same DACs as the servo
routines.)

Tim Goldstein 2000-09-15 08:23:17 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC/ 3 phase convertors Jon Elson 2000-09-15 10:59:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC/ 3 phase convertors