CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Acme screws and pre-load nuts was:Re:Re:greetings

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-09-19 21:30:31 UTC
Alvaro Fogassa wrote:
>The preload nuts made by BSA does't wear very fast becouse it's made
>of delrin(acetal) and it conforms to the lead error,The only one
>that could fit the grizzly would be the 3/8" with a maximum load of
>25lbs for backlash free.As you increase the load the nut backdrives
>and backlash is there.
>It would be very easy to excede the 25lbs load on the grizzly
>because of friction.

Hello all,

I want to mention that the BS&A cam nut is A market RESPONSE to the
nuts invented by KERK. The kerk patent uses a torsionally loaded
differential screw to self adjust for wear. (similar to the
Bridgeport screw Jon Elson described in an earlier post, but SELF-
adjusting)And patented it. So BS&A came up with the cam.

IMO, the Kerk product is much better. I had to use the BS&A nuts when
the popularity of the kerk nuts outstripped the supply(when they were
first introduced). The BS&A nuts work fine as long as they are used
in the range they are designed for.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

P.S. Does anyone know how to disable the "special" windows keys on my
keyboard(using win 98). I very often hit one of these keys near the
end of a long answer and it trashes my work!!! This post was typed
twice. Don't know if I can use an earlier keyboard? Would prefer to
disable. Failing this, does anyone know where it may be sending the
deleted typing? I've looked in the obvious(temps)folders. I miss my
amiga(s)!

Discussion Thread

Ray 2000-09-18 07:33:36 UTC Re: Acme screws and pre-load nuts was:Re:Re:greetings ballendo@y... 2000-09-19 21:30:31 UTC Acme screws and pre-load nuts was:Re:Re:greetings JanRwl@A... 2000-09-19 21:44:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Acme screws and pre-load nuts was:Re:Re:greetings Dan Dowell 2000-09-19 22:15:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Acme screws and pre-load nuts was:Re:Re:greetings bfp 2000-09-19 22:23:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Acme screws and pre-load nuts was:Re:Re:greetings ballendo@y... 2000-09-19 22:27:24 UTC Re: Acme screws and pre-load nuts was:Re:Re:greetings