CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Kwik-switch Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Quick 200 tooling

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 2000-09-20 08:02:16 UTC
Rick has built a nice set of web pages that covers the 40 series of tapers
and the various types of tool holders. It is now hooked into the FAQ page
under tapers and tool holders.
( http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html ) For you people that read the list
on the web.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

> Gary Swindell wrote:
>
> I am looking at buying a machine (Bridgeport) that has a Quick 200 (sp?)
> type spindle. Is this type of tooling readily availible?
>
> Howdy! As a veteran of the taper wars, here is what I found out about
> Universal 200 Kwik-Switch tooling. It is currently made by Universal
> Tooling http://www.toolingsystems.com/univ/kwikswitch/index.html
> Tooling to the same spec is produced by Collis under the Rapid-Switch
> brand. Universal tooling is not as common as NMTB but this could be the
> classic good news, bad news story. "There are more used NMTB/QC tooled
> machines creating more demand for NMTB tooling v. Universal." --OR--
> "There isn't as much used Universal tooling available so demand will be
> high for the pieces that are available."
>
> This tooling does come up on eBay from time to time. My most recent
> purchase Univ 200 tooling was from Kenny Rumford at
> http://www.toolingking.com/ He had just found a large stash and was
> selling it on eBay. Real good guy to deal with. As a HSM, the cost of
> the Universal tooling was offset by the deal I got on my Bridgeport
> Series I. A production shop might have a different set of cost/benefit
> considerations. {actually, the last sentence is a rationalization, I
> thought the mill had Erickson Quick Change 30 tooling when I bought it.
> And I'm still trying to unload some NMTB/QC tooling both 30 and 50
> taper}
>
> Rick {damn, it still doesn't fit} Dulas
>
> [Tim: Now you know where the motivation for the web page came from]

Discussion Thread

Rick Dulas 2000-09-20 05:57:31 UTC Kwik-switch Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Quick 200 tooling Tim Goldstein 2000-09-20 08:02:16 UTC RE: Kwik-switch Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Quick 200 tooling