CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO questions / also Mac's and motion control

Posted by dave engvall
on 2000-09-25 06:43:34 UTC
Ken Jenkins wrote:

> 2. Does anyone out there do "anything" in terms of motion or
> machine control with Mac's (that should bring deafening silence!!!).
> I have a number of Mac's available to me and would especially like
> to create a DRO from one using the SimpleStep quadrature encoder
> board and a linear strip. Mac's have no parallel port so the approach
> would almost always be send serial commands to a controller which
> handles the "heavy-lifting".

Hi Ken,
If you have pci macs which also implies ppc then adapting ppc-linux to rt would provide a real service. I think those serial ports are 115 Kb/s so that should help the communications. Still not in
the range of parallel ports but a start.

Dave

Discussion Thread

Ken Jenkins 2000-09-25 05:04:02 UTC DRO questions / also Mac's and motion control dave engvall 2000-09-25 06:43:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO questions / also Mac's and motion control ballendo@y... 2000-09-25 14:52:20 UTC re:DRO questions / also Mac's and motion control