CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC, the basics...please

Posted by Dan Falck
on 2000-09-30 20:27:06 UTC
Doug,

Go to www.linuxcnc.org, click on the handbook section, then installation,
then the "What is EMC?" chapter
<http://www.linuxcnc.org/handbook/part1/introduction/whatisemc2.html> I
wrote this to help with a question just like yours.
On the second question, yes EMC does make real parts very well. I have 3
EMC machines in my shop, a mill/drill doing engraving, a mini bed mill
(RF-45) for milling brass parts, and a Techno Isle router for various
plastic and wood parts. They have made lots of money for me over the last
couple years.

Dan

At 12:30 AM 10/1/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Group,
>

>Could someone please summarize the software and hardware necessary
>for implementation of a servo (and maybe stepper) system. Like how
>does the EMC-resident pc communicate with the servos, serial,
>parallel port, add-in card, whatever. Is the machine control panel
>the pc's keyboard? How is I/O handled, spindle motor, coolant pump,
>feed rate override, etc?
>

> From my casual lurking, it's hard to tell if there are any EMC
>systems out there currently making parts. Are there? If they are
>making parts, are they production quality, reliable systems or more
>hobby type?
>
>thanks,
>
>Doug

Discussion Thread

dougrasmussen@c... 2000-09-30 17:31:01 UTC EMC, the basics...please Dan Falck 2000-09-30 20:27:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC, the basics...please Jon Elson 2000-09-30 20:34:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC, the basics...please