CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] The Calcomp 1043GT & other ramblings

on 2000-10-05 13:22:21 UTC
Brad,

Just thinking some more, how does the "jog" (joystick I think you said)
work? That might be a rough xy position (error) signals. Might get
switched in when you go to jog mode? That might be an entry point for
your NEW signals.

Alan

"Heuver, Brad (B.R.)" wrote:

> A bit more info on the plotter: It definitely has servo's. They both have
> nice shaft encoders on them as well.
> The plotter looks to be constructed on two fairly large circuit boards, one
> of which appears to have the power supply, and the servo amps, encoder
> decoding, etc... and the other the interface/driver , display, memory, and
> keypad/joystick controls. There is only one cable between the two (I'm
> going by memory here) with a dozen or so wires. I had hoped that there was
> some way to figure out how to save the first board, with the amps, because I
> know from manual jogging that they work. The control board would be nice,
> as it has the serial port interfaces so convienently located, and just
> taunting me to try to plug something into them. I downloaded a driver for
> the unit, but have yet to try it out hooked to a computer.
> The motors themselves are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, and 4
> inches long. I think one had 35 volts on it, but can't be sure. I didn't
> pay to much attention, as I hoped to use the amps they came with. My
> intention would be to use the unit as an XY positioner, probably for a O/A
> torch, but that's a way down the road. I just couldn't see the plotter go
> to the scrap heap without passing through my hands first!

Heuver, Brad (B.R.) 2000-10-05 12:41:35 UTC The Calcomp 1043GT & other ramblings Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-10-05 13:22:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] The Calcomp 1043GT & other ramblings