CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Re: OK - you convinced me - was "Automated "Manual CNC"

Posted by Ray
on 2000-10-07 08:19:11 UTC
Hey Bill, thanks for the info. It would be a shame for the guys who make
the ZipSlack EMC available to be beat by M$ that quick.

If someone gets the CD to work on an ME upgrade let us know?

Ray

> Message: 23
> Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 23:48:02 -0500
> From: William Scalione <scalione@...>
> Subject: Re: Re: Re: OK - you convinced me - was "Automated "Manual CNC"
>

> Ray wrote:

<s>not boot to anything like a dos system 'cause there is none
> > and the ZipSlack Linux runs from the real dos prompt.
<s>
> Ray,
>
> It's not that there isn't a dos system, Microsoft just hid it from you for your own good.
> You have no business getting in there and typing commands :) I'm not sure if anyone
> really knows why Microsoft does these things, but since it is based on the WIN9X
> kernel it was only a matter of time before someone got in there and hacked it. The link
> below will show you how to modify io.sys and command.com so you can press the F8
> key on startup and boot dos.
>
> Bill
>
> BTW I don't have ME so I have not tried this.
>

> http://www.geocities.com/mfd4life_2000/

Discussion Thread

Ray 2000-10-07 08:19:11 UTC Re: Re: Re: OK - you convinced me - was "Automated "Manual CNC"