CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Optical Center Punches

on 2000-10-09 13:26:30 UTC
Thanks Joe,

Sounds quite useful. Although I'm now using using CNC to spot holes and
drill them, I still occasionally need to punch scribed lines. that
looks like a good answer to trying to hold a loupe and a punch, and
strike the punch (hopefully). I'll check out the MSC catalog when I get
home. Or I could make up a block to hold my old plotter bombsight.

Alan

Joe Vicars wrote:

> Alan,
> I haven't used a "bombsight". I was referring to a layout tool. It
> has an optical "sight" and a carbide tipped center punch. You sight in
> the scribe lines on the part with the optical peice, then swap out with
> the punch and make your indentation dead nuts on the intersection of the
> scibed lines.
> I use x-acto knives to do my layout work on aluminum which makes a
> pretty fine line. When you look at it under the optical punch however
> it looks like the grand canyon!
> I believe it's the best thing going for traditional dye layouts.

Discussion Thread

Joe Vicars 2000-10-09 12:14:03 UTC Optical Center Punches Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-10-09 13:26:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Optical Center Punches