CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Casting clearance WAS Re: sherline Ballscrews (Yes, you CAN!) But I wouldn't.

Posted by Rick Dulas
on 2000-10-11 09:52:56 UTC
Howdy! The teflon tape sounds like a good plan. But if you wanted
something that melted out, what about wax? You can make a thin sheet by
pouring melted wax onto a piece of glass. Then use it like you would the
Teflon tape. If you can find a jeweler that does lost wax casting,
he/she probably will have wax sheets in several thickness' and
densities. {remember the essence of brainstorming is coming up with
ideas, not necessarily GOOD ideas} <G>

Tom Caudle wrote:

> Hey Ron:
>
> Just an idea. You might try a wrap of teflon pipe tape first to
> create some clearance. IF you can get the nut off then the tape can
> be removed to provide the space. The only other thing I can think of
> is to put in something that you could melt out after the casting
> cures but at this point I don't know what it would be.

Rick Dulas 2000-10-11 09:52:56 UTC Casting clearance WAS Re: sherline Ballscrews (Yes, you CAN!) But I wouldn't.