CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: translators, Drivers, indexers

on 2000-10-12 10:27:03 UTC
Ballendo,

So that's why my oldest unipolar stepper motor boxes from '77 (L/R for
8v 50 oz-in SS50 Slo-Syns) have CW and CCW inputs! Not that hard to
convert step/dir to CW/CCW, or step/dir to 4-phase, but I still haven't
gotten around to the 4-phase to step/dir. Maybe someone will beat me to
it ;>) I guess you'd call that little circuit a translator, and the
last one an anti-translator?

Alan

ballendo@... wrote:
> .....snip
> If we want to get MORE technical and historical, it is the
> TRANSLATION of the CW/CCW pulse trains to the phase information the
> motor needs. (for those on the list, most early stepper systems used
> two inputs: one to move CW, the other to move CCW. This LATER was
> refined to the step/dir most common today)

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-10-12 10:27:03 UTC Re: translators, Drivers, indexers