CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: re[3]: plain text archives being uploaded to egroups

Posted by Ray
on 2000-10-12 12:51:56 UTC
> Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:24:36 -0500 (CDT)
> From: "Terry L. Ridder" <terrylr@...>

> i did think of the dropbox at metalworking.com
> and also at linuxcnc.org.

Essentially the same place since Steve Hosts linuxcnc.org. Ask him and see
if he wants the stuff.

I really think that the T1 that you are proposing is the best solution,
if you don't mind the traffic. And are willing to keep slurping.

If your program strips all of the e-groups verbage and reduces each post
to asc2, they would be quite concise. (except mine and a couple others;)

Then we might be able to work a modest database sort of thing with your
server. It could be a full sequel or just an auto updated index to the
posts. Then downloads would be much smaller than the whole thing and
would turn out to be an excremely valuable source for some kinds of info.

This might be a more acceptable compromise than trying to move the whole
group I would like to see the files that you and others upload to
egroups also placed in the linuxcnc.org dropbox 'cause I've tried a couple
of times to get them from egroups and they want to much security breach
mor my comfort and their needs.

Ray

Discussion Thread

Ray 2000-10-12 12:51:56 UTC Re: re[3]: plain text archives being uploaded to egroups