CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Casting clearance

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-10-12 14:16:24 UTC
Ray,

Just got to this post. And I just posted a response to Joe which was
basically the same thing you mention here.(msg reposted below the PS)

Ballendo

P.S. Ray,
I'm still thinking apout your request re:EMC. My plate is very full
just now. And I may have a conflict of interest(personal)

>Ray wrote:
>I wonder if we haven't missed the real solution here. It was a part
>of the original description of how Ron was able to remove the
>casting from the screw. When he stress relieved by cutting the nut
>along the axis of the screw he in effect made an adjustable nut --
>ala kirk.

>All we'd have to do is find a way to hold the now cut casting and
>squeeze it with either a spring -- auto adjust -- or a clamp. This
>should also allow usto adjust for the Vactra or whatever lube we
>plan to use.

>With that done, a little bit of lapping with a portion of the screw
>that we don't plan to use should take out the dimples in the nut's
>thread and give us a good set of threads with reasonably controlled
>drag.Ray

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-10-11 20:58:09 UTC Re:Casting clearance Tim Goldstein 2000-10-11 21:25:08 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:Casting clearance ballendo@y... 2000-10-12 12:36:29 UTC re:Re: Casting clearance ballendo@y... 2000-10-12 14:16:24 UTC Re: Casting clearance