CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: maxnc/sherline(motors)

on 2000-10-12 16:32:48 UTC
Ballendo and the list,

Alas! No brass bed! And I thought my mill was old. I thought I'd seen
info on the gibs before on the Sherline site, but not easy to find. I
also could do with a manual for the mill, which I think must also be on
the website.

Alan May the Swarf be with you!

ballendo@... wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Do you have the BRASS "bed" for the z axis? The older sears/sherlines
> had a brass extrusion for the Bed of the lathe(which is the mill
> upright). Really pretty. Switched to steel in the 80's.
>
> >But don't ask me about adjusting gibs, saddle nuts and lead
> >screws! I'm sure someone else can explain it better! (and I'll
> >listen, too).
>
> This is explained by Joe Martin (on the Sherline website). Can't
> remember exactly where, and it is/was a little non-obvious. Something
> like "adjusting the gibs" or "converting to metric", I think.
>
> >Alan May the Swarf be with you!
>
> May the Swarf be with you, Sir! I like it! LOL. THIS is the real
> reason for this post.
>
> Ballendo

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-10-12 16:04:59 UTC Re: maxnc/sherline(motors) Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-10-12 16:32:48 UTC Re: maxnc/sherline(motors)