CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] B'port brand DRO--shortening scales

"Williamson, Jack" wrote:

> Has anyone had experience shortening the glass scales on old
> Bridgeport
> brand DRO's. I plan to scribe and snap, but I don't know if the scales
> are
> handed or not. If there is an orientation, I'd prefer not to hack off
> the
> origin.

If the scale has only 2 channels of data coming out, then it is almost
certainly
not 'handed', as there is no origin other than the manual 'zero' button.

If it has some sort of origin in the scale (ie. absolute reference
point)
then it is often a 3rd channel, and makes a new reference every few
inches. You will probably know if the unit has a reference point, as it

may power up and ask you to move the scale a couple inches before you
can get any readings.

Williamson, Jack 2000-10-13 13:54:35 UTC B'port brand DRO--shortening scales Joe Vicars 2000-10-13 14:07:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] B'port brand DRO--shortening scales Jon Elson 2000-10-13 16:16:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] B'port brand DRO--shortening scales