CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Was Black box

Alvaro Fogassa wrote:

> OK,I don't really understand what is about all this nanoseconds,but I
> would trade the speed of a microchip for the non expense of running
> my stepers out of the cheap and plain pc, unless it can't be donne
> reliable.
> Another question:Can I thrust DOS on this one?
> Am I missing something here?
> AHAH has a ISA card and software that seams to be good for about
> $600.00 maybe cheaper than a P3 computer.

I usually pick up my 100 MHz Pentium (classic) computers on eBay for
$20 - $49 (motherboard, memory, CPU fan heat sink, cables, etc.)
I then swap it into a box which used to have a 486 system.

Alvaro Fogassa 2000-10-14 11:30:33 UTC Was Black box Jon Elson 2000-10-14 23:17:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Was Black box