CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] old sherline Y travel wasRe: SuperCam & PCB Trace Milling Software

on 2000-10-18 16:21:11 UTC
Hi Ballendo and the list,

Yeah, just mounted the "tilting angle table", and ran out of room! I
doubt if I can move "Y" more then an inch! I'll find out about the
"headstock spacer", and also spacing the vertical mill column. So if
you space the headstock out further, do you have to remount the vertical
column? I've ran into the vertical column with setups before!

I have a 1" x 3" x .25" piece of stock, and I need to cut a bevel on the
long side. Actually two bevels that intersect to form a right angle.
This is a "foot" that supports a "leg" up at a 70deg angle. Put two of
'em together, and you get the bottom half of the letter "A".

I was thinking maybe I could mount the tilting angle table across the
bed. Otherwise I might be able to machine some clamping blocks with the
required angle. I can't even REACH most of the area of the tilting
angle table.

I'm still planning my first rotary table project (yeah, and the motor
for it hasn't come yet!), a 4.5" flywheel (6 spoke). To be cut from 1"
aluminum plate (.JPG or plans upon request). I THINK I've figured out
that I can machine a hextant (? stuff between each of the 6 spokes) at a
time on the rotary table (under CNC control), and it will fit!

Actually, the first step is to drill and ream three .19" (M5) holes on a
1.1417" (19mm) bolt circle, so that it can be "mounted" on the spindle
of my 5" EMCO lathe. I can then turn the rim and hub faces, bore it
.375", and cut back from the rim to face the spokes (at least I think
4.5" will swing on the lathe).

I can turn a pin to fit in the thread for the chuck adapter 5/16 - 12
(?), and mount the work to the rotary table. A "T" nut in one of the
.19 holes clamps the work. The wedges to cut out are fairly simple
pockets, so I shouldn't have much problem there (I've learned a LITTLE
bit in the last month.

CY545's are about $75, unless you buy in quantity. IRF540's, I haven't
"paid" for any yet ;>) Might have to soon.

How about the 2000 mill? Any one use it for CNC? Has a BUNCH of
throat. Looks like more flexing in the head, 'tho.

Alan May the Swarf be with you!