CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Oz mini-OS to run Win32 .EXEs out of the box

Posted by mike grady
on 1999-07-08 19:58:41 UTC
some of you do it yourself app builders
mite be interested in this
mike

A little-known Tasmanian software developer, Trumpet Software, is
on the verge of launching a major challenge to Microsoft: an new
operating system that runs 32-bit Windows applications out of the
box.

Trumpet's software, PetrOS, is due to go Alpha next month,
according to down under newspaper The Australian. The company
describes the software as NT Lite -- it's essentially a 100Kb
microkernel and a Win32-compatible API to run executables
compiled for NT. There's also a 200Kb TCP stack.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/990708-000023.html