CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Tapered Roller / Angular Contact Bearings(what is dn)

Posted by Smoke
on 2000-10-28 10:16:45 UTC
GOOD POINT!

Smoke
-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Wright <Ian@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com>
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2000 3:48 AM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Tapered Roller / Angular Contact Bearings(what is dn)

Hi,

This is one of the problems with using roller bearings - they aren't
designed to run at such high speeds as ball races. Its not a problem for
things such as leadscrew bearings but is something you maybe need to
consider if you think of using them on a cutting spindle like in a router -
run 'em too fast and they will heat up, expand, sieze and wreck themselves.

Ian
--
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield UK