CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 818

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 2000-10-28 14:53:27 UTC
Message: 8
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:21:13 -0400
From: "Don" <don18@...>
Subject: Re: G code software

Andrew Werby wrote:

>but for example the MaxNC controller software I use can
>only handle a certain size file in "look-ahead" mode, which is what's
>required to calculate the offsets.

Andrew, I currently run the MaxNC software and can run files well over
5MEG in size in "look-ahead" mode. What you need to do is increase the
size of your ram drive in your config.sys file.

Change the line:
DEVICE=C:\DOS\RAMDRIVE.sys 8192 /E
DEVICE=C:\DOS\RAMDRIVE.sys 16384 /E
or make the # higher, but you don't want to make it more than 1/2
your actual RAM. It also must be a multiple of 1024, don't ask why
but it seems to cause problems if done otherwise.

Back to lurking mode,
Don Panzer

[Wow, thanks Don. I always thought that was a fixed allocation, not a
floating buffer I could change. I'm going to try this, although I don't
have much RAM on my machine computer (16mb). This list is great!]

Andrew Werby - United Artworks
Sculpture, Jewelry, and Other Art Stuff
http://unitedartworks.com

Discussion Thread

Andrew Werby 2000-10-28 14:53:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 818