CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: bearing fits was silly machinist / leadscrews forever

Posted by Smoke
on 2000-10-28 17:25:27 UTC
I'd recommend looking in the engineering data furnished by the bearing manufacturer of the brand of bearings you decide to use. That's always the best place to look fiirst.

Smoke
-----Original Message-----
From: ballendo@... <ballendo@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com>
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2000 6:20 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: bearing fits was silly machinist / leadscrews forever

Chris,

Whole BOOKS are written on bearing clearance/press fits! And don't
even TRY to understand the metric (like H7 h5) classes!) OK. Really
they do make sense, but this is NOT a "short answer" subject.
Spesh'ly with 780 people lookin' on...

So, anyone else care to go first ?

Ballendo

P.S. I'd visit your friend and tell him the particulars. Ask his
advice.

>For us non-machinists on the list, what are the normal clearances for
>fitting bearings? <snip>Every now and then I visit a friend who runs
>a precision engineering shop if I get really stuck, or stuff the
tool >into the chuck and need a new toolpost machined :-).
>Cheers, Chris.

eGroups Sponsor

Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the discussion of shop built systems, for CAD, CAM, EDM, and DRO.

Addresses: