CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Scrap metal in Kansas,

Posted by Anne Ogborn
on 2000-10-31 10:56:31 UTC
Witold Grzymala-Busse wrote:

> It appears that we have people on this list that are from Kansas or know
> of Kansas scrap yards. My question is:
> What are the best places to buy metal in Kansas City and Wichita i.e.
> Selection and Price. Also what are the best scarp yards for steel, that
> we can use i.e. plate and round stock? And what is the going rate?
> BTW does anyone know where I can buy 4130 or 4140 3 and 4" wide 3/16 thick
> bar stock? It seems that I cannot get any for a decent price.
>
> WGB

I don't know Wichita, and I haven't been in KS for 10 years, but when I left the
cool places were -

Scrap Al & Brass - Nonferrous Metals.

Small amounts of new stock - Metal By The Foot (they have a cute logo).

Discussion Thread

Anne Ogborn 2000-10-31 10:56:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Scrap metal in Kansas,