CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EDM plans

Posted by Ken Jenkins
on 2000-10-31 12:06:24 UTC
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:04:17 -0000
> From: "Wally K" <cnc4me@...>
> Subject: Re: Digest Number 828
>
> Hi Cris:
>
> EDM has been talked about a little but i have not seen any serious
> discussions. Most people like myself are trying to get there CNC
> mills going. I am also interisted in building EDM's. Did you get
> your plans on the net or did you buy them. If you got the plans on
> the net please post the URL.
>
> Wally K.

You'll probably get a lot of these references. The best cleanest nicest
looking plans I've seen are from Dan Mauch at CAMTRONICS:

http://www.seanet.com/~dmauch/Products2.htm

I haven't built one but judging from the information on the page
it looks great. I have a back issue of (I think) a METALWORKING
mag with a EDM machine described in detail. I saw it and met the
guy who made it at N.A.M.ES. in Detroit this year (fortunately Bowling
Green, OH where I live is only about a hour south). It is also
a good conceptual design but made from a lot of surplus items
which may be hard for you to come up with. Good descriptions of
what and how EDM works etc, extremely practical and worth the $
for the backissue IMHO.

Discussion Thread

Ken Jenkins 2000-10-31 12:06:24 UTC Re: EDM plans Wally K 2000-10-31 12:51:00 UTC Re: EDM plans