CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MaxNC Servo Upgrade

on 2000-11-01 11:04:25 UTC
Don,

I'd replace the spindle motor & electronics with that of Sherline. New
ones are pretty good from what I've heard. Also heard that the old
spindle motor mounting left a lot to be desired (from a previous
thread). Only 80 oz/in steppers (NS-80)? How much can the stepper
motor drivers handle (current/voltage)? How about a Gecko servo drive
setup? And you didn't mention the software, probably MaxNC's?

It looks like from the pictures that MaxNC sells the same rotary table
as Sherline? Just curious.

Good luck

Alan

Don wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> I have the MaxNC-15 Servo, (nothing more than a stepper with encoder
> feedback).
> I bought it to do a 1 tool production job and now that it is done, I would
> like to make
> it more useful. What I'm looking for is a bigger (ie: more torque) stepper
> motor. It currently
> has Pacific Scientific PowerMax II #P22NRXC-LDN-NS-80 motors.
> Also I want to replace the cheap 1/10 hp AC/DC spindle motor with a 1/2 hp
> Sherline
> variable speed reversible motor. Their motor is run as AC with control thru
> the software, but
> no feedback as to the correct RPM.
> Anyone know of a good replacement stepper motor? And can I replace the
> spindle motor
> without too much modification to the electronics?
>
> I'm not an EE, I'm a CNC machinist/programmer and am used to having more
> power (argh! argh!)
> It is a "nice" little machine (after a few mods), but I'm shooting for a
> "great" little machine.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Don Panzer

Discussion Thread

Don 2000-11-01 01:42:06 UTC MaxNC Servo Upgrade Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-01 11:04:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MaxNC Servo Upgrade Mike 2000-11-01 11:50:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MaxNC Servo Upgrade Don 2000-11-02 00:29:30 UTC Re: MaxNC Servo Upgrade