CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: cool worm gear (hobbing pics)

on 2000-11-04 18:08:35 UTC
Ballendo,

Thanks, I now remember seeing that telescope site. I just couldn't
remember where. So you're saying that the gear cutters would be more
useful for making regular gears? Could the teeth be cut just from the
contour with a small mill? Just a thought. I've also heard that a
flycutter with a shaped bit could cut gears. I think I saw that in the
Joe's (Sherline) book. The Army link was interesting! But I would
guess that's not a regular gear.

Alan