CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

EMC Jog commands was Re(6) :hand jive

Posted by Ray
on 2000-11-06 06:16:24 UTC
> From: Anne Ogborn <anniepoo@...>
> Subject: Re: re:Re: rE: RE:hand jive
<S>

> Can one of the EMC folks clue us in about what inputs EMC wants as "jog" commands?
> Anything besides keystrokes?

At a system wide level, all of the commands in the EMC are handled by NML.
What you would need to do is find the specific NML words to handle the jog
task. The file src/emcnml/canon.hh is a good place to start.

There are also two interface programs that go between NML and Tcl/Tk both
are "Wish" like in that they create a Tk window and handle Tcl commands.
Both src/emctask/emcsh.cc and src/emcio/iosh are well documented in the
commands they connect.

Using either NML or the Tcl/Tk interfaces you can write a simple porgram
that connects I/O points to the commands. The file src/emcio/tkio is a
sample of such a program.

Ray

Discussion Thread

Ray 2000-11-06 06:16:24 UTC EMC Jog commands was Re(6) :hand jive