CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC UI (Virtual hand jive vs. conversational prgmmg)

on 2000-11-07 00:56:58 UTC
Matt,

Good sites! A 2 or 4-line LCD display is easy to drive from a parallel
port. LcdProc sounds quite promising! This night I got my shaft
encoder connected to the joystick "switch A & B" pins, and fired up the
state machine code to read it. Worked the first time! Easier then last
time, but then as I now recall, I had to cheat and use two analog inputs
on a 4-channel A/D interface (using a parallel port) to read the
encoder! The remainder of the interface was busy driving a stepper
motor controller IC, and reading an index from my RDF hardware.

Alan

Matt Shaver wrote:

> I'm thinking about a pendant that hooks up to the PC's serial port and
> has a jog wheel, plus one of these:
>
> http://www.matrixorbital.com/lcd-keypad-interface.htm
>
> for the status display and switch/pushbutton interface. Since the EMC is
> a Linux program, there's already some software that could be adapted
> with minimal (!) work:
>
> http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/
>
> >From the lcdProc F.A.Q. page:
>
> "LCDproc V0.4 has keypad, joystick, and keyboard support. It also has
> IRman support, and new input devices will be added over time."
>
> Matt

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-07 00:56:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC UI (Virtual hand jive vs. conversational prgmmg) bfp@e... 2000-11-07 03:53:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC UI (Virtual hand jive vs. conversational prgmmg)