CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re[3]: EMC, Linux, RTlinux, General Questions

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-11-07 01:59:06 UTC
Terry,

Gotta go with Jon E here. And your re-post shows why. We've been
watching Wally post for awhile now. I feel like I get an Idea of the
person behind the post, over time. And it affects how I read each
post.

The paragraph 1st sez I have 2 questions. first is: How to get vid
cards not sold anymore. With that out of the way,the 2nd is: What
GRAPHIC capabilities does EMC have? The next sentence adds info to
THIS request, and I'll paraphrase it the way I interpreted the
meaning:

Can/Does EMC draw(generate) highly graphic toolpath display
(abilities),like a 3D modeler would.

>Wally Asks:
>This actually brings up 2 questions how does one go about buying
>video cards that are not sold anymore. And what graphic display
>capabilities does EMC have. Does EMC have highly graphic toolpath/
>part graphic generating abilities, like 3D modeling.
> ^^^^|^^^^^ ^^^^^^^|^^^^^^^^
>-----------------+------------------------+
><end quote>
>(emphasis added)

Jon obviously interpreted it the same way I did, and pointed out (to
WALLY) that EMC indeed can generate(produce) toolpath pictures like
those seen in a 3d modeler(wireframe)by using the "backplot" script.

Why are YOU now in a "yes it does", "no,it doesn't" war of word
with/against Jon?

You just read the question differently than he(and I) did.

I don't believe we're here to PROVE who's right. Or wrong.

There's over 800 opinions on this list. They're ALL valid. Whether
they're right or wrong...

You pointed out in an earlier post to Jon that his "word choice" and
manner were hurtful to you. Fair enough. Is this your "payback" to
him?

This is just a bunch of guys/gals talkin' CNC stuff. Some you'll
agree with, some you won't... And that's what makes the list so
useful. I try REALLY hard to get across what I'm wanting to say and
use (overuse?) EVERY available "printed tactic" I can think of. And
I'm still misunderstood. But I feel I add value here, and I receive
value here, so I just shrug it off, and move on...

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

P.S. It's like your sig poem says, (which I told you when you first
started posting, "I like it") "this hunger jolts me from complacency,
rocks me, makes me meet myself." You've got 800 mirrors on this list,
hungry, just like you. And I've got 800 mirrors too...