CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Introduction - New to Group

Posted by Rab Gordon
on 2000-11-08 15:21:24 UTC
Smoke,
From Roland's web site it looks like the machines use the same
command codes, what software do you use with it ? I always found
Modela Player to be frustrating and slow to work with, although it
got the job done. Is the MDX 15 limited like the 2300 to 'top-
to use a small chuck or collet so I can use 'Dremel' and similar type
1/8" cutters and burrs.

Rab

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Smoke" <Smoke@5...> wrote:
> HI Rab,
>
> I don't use the PNC 2300 but I do have an MDX 15. I'm not to
thrilled with
> it. It's fine for scanning 3D art work and cutting small objects
as long as
> your not cutting wax. The big problem there is the spindle speed
cannot be
> adjusted.
>
> The only other really "bad" thing about it is the immense amount of
time it
> takes to mill even a simple small part.
>
> Smoke

Discussion Thread

Rab Gordon 2000-11-08 13:07:42 UTC Introduction - New to Group Smoke 2000-11-08 13:28:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Introduction - New to Group Rab Gordon 2000-11-08 15:21:24 UTC Re: Introduction - New to Group