CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Corel Draw w/Vector & tighter talk

on 2000-11-08 20:30:25 UTC
Hi Fred and the list,

If you open a .GIF or .JPG in Paint, you CAN cut and paste it into
Vector. As I understand it, Vector doesn't understand the .GIF or JPG
files directly. Yes, you can copy gcode from say, Notepad, and paste it
into FlashCut's editor.

Alan

Fred Smith wrote:

> See the Vector manual for instructions to get Corel stuff(text or contours) into Vector. Page 124.
> You cannot get a JPG into Vector. You can do an R2V conversion with Corel Trace &
> either Copy-Paste or Dxf import the contours to Vector.
>
> If you have a JPG(gif too) in a browser, you can't Copy-Paste it to Vector. I use Picture Publisher (PP)
> or a similar program, drag the image from the browser to PP then drag it to Vector. For
> the best results I recommend the Copy from PP then Paste-Special and use the DIB-Device
> Independent Bitmap format. This one seems to keep the most detail and the aspect ratios
> and scaling are properly maintained.
>
> You can set the Z depth of the image in Vector, and it is quite simple to drop points around
> the edge(at Z=0, so that the image is "behind"), then use the spline functions to make a manual trace of the image too.
>
> On another discussion about CMM & probing, Vector will import X-Y-Z data in the format called PLC.
> In Vector this stands for Point-Line-Circle, and is a way to import externally calculated CAD geometry.
>
> The upcoming programmable Vector will not allow external outputs, but will allow automation of all or most of the CAD functions.
> Present Vector will automatically export the contents of the NC editor to a default file whenever the editor is closed. (I believe it will allow DXF file saves though)
>
> In theory, you could probe or calculate any functional shapes with an external program, write them directly to the Vector drawing space, {manually click insert NC & Generate NC, close the editor}, and have your Controller scoop up the default output file from Vector to process. {} in between these is a section that is not presently released to be automated, 3 clicks for safety. Anybody know if you can paste text into the Flashcut input buffer? A windows application could be run from the clipboard.
>
> Latest on the Vector programmable is a proposal to have a for fee developer's license for those able to create new applications and a no-charge user's license that would allow execution-only of external applications. The Gear.exe program in the Vector distribution is an example of an execute only application.
>
> Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Discussion Thread

Fred Smith 2000-11-08 19:57:20 UTC Re: Corel Draw w/Vector & tighter talk Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-08 20:30:25 UTC Re: Corel Draw w/Vector & tighter talk