CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC UI (V hj vs. conversational prgmmg)

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2000-11-10 05:48:38 UTC
> Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 20:54:16 -0800
> From: Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@...>
>Subject: Re: CNC UI (V hj vs. conversational prgmmg)
>
>Fred,
>
>Thanks for the comments. I noticed that ShopBot was using 4 stepper
>motors with gearboxes? They looked to Vextra's, are they possibly the
>85 oz/in models? Sounds like a set of motors I bought. Is that rack
>and pinion drive an off the shelf part?
>
>Do you have a ShopBot for a small table? approx 30" x 60"?

Alan - IMService is not a Shopbot dealer. We do not sell any CNC hardware, other than the occasional piece for one of our CAD-CAM retail customers, like the little 4 axis, Sherline that we have now. I suggest that you direct your comments to Shopbot. They have a very active forum on their website. Just like the rumors that I spread about controllers and Cad-Cam software, I cannot reveal anything about equipment that would enable people to make competitive products, nor to reverse engineer someone's hard won design accomplishments. Some things are what are considered common knowledge, and others are not. I'm not always sure which information is which, so I generally choose not to discuss those kinds of things. However if the information is posted on a public web site it's fair game. They post all their prices, options, and have a download area too.

The original Shopbots were described as being made with common parts found in a hardware store. I don't think that this is still the case today.

No, Shopbot is not one of the 3.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService
Listserve Special discounts and offers are at: http://209.69.202.197/cadcamedmdro.html

imserv@... Voice:248-486-3600 or 800-386-1670 Fax: 248-486-3698

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-08 15:28:46 UTC re: CNC UI (V hj vs. conversational prgmmg) ballendo@y... 2000-11-08 18:57:08 UTC re: CNC UI (V hj vs. conversational prgmmg) Ray 2000-11-09 06:38:34 UTC Re: re: CNC UI (V hj vs. conversational prgmmg) Jon Elson 2000-11-09 12:48:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: re: CNC UI (V hj vs. conversational prgmmg) Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-09 13:40:22 UTC re: CNC UI (V hj vs. conversational prgmmg) Fred Smith 2000-11-09 20:06:29 UTC Re: CNC UI (V hj vs. conversational prgmmg) Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-09 20:56:47 UTC Re: CNC UI (V hj vs. conversational prgmmg) Fred Smith 2000-11-10 05:48:38 UTC Re: CNC UI (V hj vs. conversational prgmmg) Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-10 13:23:40 UTC Re: CNC UI (V hj vs. conversational prgmmg)